Nautical Maternity belly cast

A little more than 5 months since my lil one was born, and I'm finally getting around to painting my belly cast!! We did this at 38 weeks, he didn't even come for almost 3 more weeks. He was 5 days over due so more than likely I was even bigger than this! Ha! But it was fun to do!
My friend Sarah came over one night to help me, we used the Belly cast kit from a small store called mothers haven but you can get them anywhere. 
After I sanded it all down I still wanted to smooth it out so I used some left over molding paste from hobby lobby didn't have enough to cover the whole thing but it worked great! Once it dried I sanded it down with a fine sand paper. Once all that  hard work was done the fun part started.
Since Bensons nursery is nautical it was only logical that the cast would be too. I found my inspiration from a picture of a nautical cake. Here (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/640x/f0/38/7b/f0387b5383306b2423ff298a5e8bbbcf.jpg) but I made some adjustments and personality:) I love the final product.



Comments

Popular Posts