Bensons nautical nursery

Well it's even a work in progress and it's still not to the level of perfection that I would like but I can always post updates, for now here is my little ones nursery. Benson is now 3 1/2 months old and I'm still improving his room. A lot of things I made diy style like all the bedding, I got the crib bumper and skirt at babies r us and then I stripped the blue lining and replaced it all with red basting tape I got at joanns fabric. The quilt I finished off a few weeks ago. I also made the curtains and the pillows! What can I say I had a vision and I just couldn't find what I wanted online... Or I did and it was outrageously overpriced! So I made them all myself :) 
I also painted the three canvases above his crib by stencil in the letters and painting the a navy blue and white with red trim. The banner above the window was a gift at my baby shower. Invade you can't read it it says "it's a boy" and his name is Benson and he's the best ever!! 
I got the little square nautical pics at hobby lobby, I got the life preserver (not real) online on Amazon.com. I got the blue storage boat off pottery barn.com 
The blue and whit laundry bin at Walmart! And the treasure box was a gift from a my sister at the baby shower she got it at Ross apparently. 









Found the ship and light houses at a local thrift store and the storage tote at pottery barn.com


At two weeks old we did his hand print! Got the little stand at Walmart. 
This closet was put in by my husbands step dad! I'm still planning to get all matching bins though I like uniformity! 
Here you will also see my maternity belly cast, stay tuned for the day belly cast :) most likely it will be a nautical one! :) 


Comments

Popular Posts